Sunday, June 27, 2010

Day 4: Tanning Lines and Chocolate Tasting

Realizing that your vacation is almost halfway is a sobering fact. You want the time lost, time passed, and the times gone.



I'm going to freestyle a poem while slowly slipping into a lulling daze drinking wine:


A Lifetime

Where the lazy river flows only some know
Where the natives go no one can know
Where the tourists tour everyone knows

Its those hidden gems in the world that we cherish
Its those secret places that capture our imaginations
Its those childhood memories that we relish
Its those secret moments that demand our adorations

Family, friends, strangers, and soul mates
Are the ones that make our hearts sing
Are the ones that make our hearts sting
Are the ones that define you 

Growing up you want to be an astronaut
Growing up the skies the limit
Sobering up its about having a steady job
Sobering up its about realizing your limits

High school is that social incubator for real life
College and beyond life gets too real
Time to get real
Time to get ready for it all

A lifetime is a summation of memories
A lifetime is about the relationships built
A lifetime is about the meaningful things done
A lifetime is a fleeting chance, yet such a beautiful chance to LIVE


Back to my post about the day 4.






I managed to drag my lazy body up around 9 to head out to explore and run along the local running paths. It was a gorgeous run, but the suffocating heat and oppression of the humidity sent me scrabbling back to the gym to finish working out in a fully air conditioned paradise.





After a good morning involving working out (which always puts me in a good mood) and finally everyone managed to wake up we headed down to the infinity pool for smoothies, mojitos, and margaritas. I swear that Mexico has made me way too tan, Jonathan calls me black and to be honest I've gotten my first tan line in ages







The lazy river here is one of the hidden gems within the four seasons. It wraps around a private building complex, where the river is indeed lazy and the float tubes make it even easier. However my favorite part of the day had to be chocolate tasting. Who knew there was so much history and mystique behind chocolate.





The night was pretty fun with a good family meal and flip cup and some mixed drinks to end the night.






'Til Tomorrow,

-Johnny


No comments:

Post a Comment