Friday, June 25, 2010

Day 3: Lazy Days Ensue

Day Three of Punta Mita was that kind of day, midway trough a dream vacation where all the partying, sun, and fun hits you. You're out for the day, everything's hazy and the day goes by in a blur. Somehow the morning has seemingly passed me by and punished me for my lazyness.






I am able to drag my weary body down to the pool side that overlooks the ocean. Paige seems to be on the same sleep cycle as me. We both manage to make it through lunch and pass out individually in the villa for the rest of the afternoon as the rest of the group miraculously makes it out to the beach again for some rays and hopefully darker skin.






It's 7 o clock here, dinners in 20 min and I STILL haven't been able to do anything productive at all. We ended up heading into Punta Mita ate at a seaside restaurant, Tino's Restaurant, amazing for its beachside dining and deliciously fresh garlic broiled lobster. Watching the sunset once again set over this beautiful cove is something I would happily give a limb or my firstborn child to watch this sunset everyday.



I got some "mexican novelty" things for my mom's birthday. I'll post some pictures of the jade bracelet soon. I also got a "Xavier" (ha-vi-eer) bracelet to commemorate that "firstborn child" I'm planning to give up to watch these sunsets.






We got back to our villa around 9:30 PM clearly way too lethargic and unenergized to have a crazy night or to party the night away. We popped in Zoolander, a classic going back to the heydays of my "childhood" aka middle schoool, and quickly fell asleep around midnight. Here are some pictures from dinner. 

Later in the night Colin was raving about the  tropical thunderstorms that light up the sky late at night but don't seem to bring any rain to the coast. They were absolutely breathtaking despite the lack of sleep I had around 4 in the morning.



On a sidenote: a must read is Tucker Max: I hope they serve beer in Hell. My personal favorite stories the embassy suites, Austin Texas Roadtrip.








Fair well from your lazy traveler,

-Johnny Wu

No comments:

Post a Comment